This episode would have been more entertaining if we have seen the bark-tastic bachelor party take place. Looks like Ah Si’s mama would not leave us alone by leaving some more drama!
We started this episode with this happy couple strolling around the city and getting tripped… It was just so awkward and embarrassing for them and I felt that too haha!
It turns out that Shancai’s shoe was already broken causing them both to trip. Of course, Dao Ming Si carried her on his back because he never really missed a chance for that to happen.
Shancai had to stop Dao Ming Si from badmouthing the shoe store (I assumed that they were the secondhand and/or fake ones!).
And you would think that the Dao Ming family would spend millions for a wedding gown or have an heirloom of a bridal gown. Well, not in this version because of China’s regulations haha! At least they added a warm touch by having Yu Sao as the dressmaker.
Ximen told Xiaoyou that she was like Xiaogeng who loved sweet things too. Oh no, he didn’t! Comparing your current with your ex? *facepalms*. It was so cute though when he said that he does not like sweet things but he likes her so he will still eat the cake. Aww!
It was the first time that we have ever seen Ximen so stressed and agitated just because Qinghe failed in preparing his surprise for Xiaoyou.
Ximen’s face was just so funny in these scenes. He just did not know how to react to what was happening anymore.
They kissed again with the heart background that he was stressing about. Biggest surprise of this version too was that Qinghe and Li Zhen developed feelings for each other and so they kissed as well.
Two couples down and now we have our main one having their own version of Valentine’s Day (it wasn’t but they were all acting like it was lol).
Let us have our heart eyes ready for some sweetness from these two!
Dao Ming Si told Shancai that he is willing to do everything for her but with only one condition: she will be with him for the rest of their lives. *Sighs for the nth time*. They just love each other so deeply that I feel nothing but happiness for them!
F4 came in full force to support Xiaoyou during her first day as the milk tea shop’s manager!
Meizuo was talking about how Shancai ended up to be pretty and cute, Lei told everyone that he wishes to kiss Shancai out of nowhere. Oh Lei, please never change!
He did not even care that his best friend aka Shancai’s fiancee was already giving him a death stare… HAHA!
Look at Lei even subtly mocking Ah Si and asking if he was jealous. I just could not stop laughing! I thought Ah Si was already over his jealousy phase over Lei but it turns out that some things will never change.
HE EASILY STOLE A KISS ON SHANCAI’S FOREHEAD. I CAN’T ANYMORE LOL.
Ah Si was ready to attack Lei right away then Ximen told him that it was just a kiss. He replied to him saying that he could kiss Xiaoyou then! HAHAHA. That makes so much sense. So they ended up running around the shop as Ximen was protecting Xiaoyou from Ah Si. Way too funny!
Shancai finished preparing her cooking happily until Dao Ming Feng told her that she and Ah Si won’t be coming to their house. They were all supposed to eat and meet together about their marriage plans but evil mom was just being evil all along and lied to everyone. Knew it!!!
Isn’t this just the best concept for a bachelor party? Thank you so much for this, Meizuo! HAHAHA.
Shancai came to the bachelor party telling the boys that Dao Ming Si won’t be coming. Ximen called his phone only to be picked up by Yu Sao who was demanded by Dao Ming Feng not to say anything regarding Si’s whereabouts.
As Ah Si mentioned in one of the previous episodes, only F4 knows the secret entrance to their family’s mansion.
In the 2001 version, there was a funny background music as they were rummaging in the mansion gardens. Yu Sao also discovered them and called them idiots as the key was not in the usual spot anymore. For this version, Ximen easily found the key under the mat in the back door and the scene was quite short (and sadly, not funny!).
F3 saw Dao Ming Feng watching over her son who was sleeping. The boys were insulting her as she was to them. I just love Lei for always being the gutsy one in dealing with this evil witch ever since the original version.
Looks like the He – Dao Ming alliance has no end as Xiaozi’s mom was helping Xiaozi pick the right dress for her wedding with Ah Si. Her mom was even explaining how this wedding would not really benefit their family as much as it will to the Dao Ming family. However, she was guilt-tripping her daughter because she knows that Xiaozi would not want Dao Ming Si to be in such a helpless state.
In a nutshell,
- Ximen and Xiaoyou’s story was just so cute and sweet that it could give me diabetes! Ximen really ended up to be extra attractive now that he is (finally!) in an official relationship. Treasure your man, Xiaoyou, you lucky girl!
- I might have spoken too early regarding Ah Si’s mom in my previous recap. I just knew that we would not be having our fairy tale ending that smooth and easy!
- In true “Meteor Garden” fashion, it seems like this version is cramming everything together now that we’re nearing towards the end. I am just thankful that there was no amnesia arc or it would just be total chaos now.
- It was already some episodes ago that almost everything from the 2001 version has already been recreated, I was pretty bummed that this version did not include F3 sneaking in the Dao Ming family’s mansion. It turns out that they did not fail me for including it although it was pretty short and it wasn’t really funny unlike how the original drama did it. Watch it to see why I found it so funny!
- I still want to see that bachelor party with dog hats come to life! If not, I would like to have my money back please. I have never laughed this hard until that scene happened! I even loved how it was slowly building up to the boys wearing the hats when the camera was focusing on the dog stuffed toys first. LOL.
- I need more of Lei wearing that dog hat in my life! Speaking of Lei, didn’t you just love how he shamelessly said that he wanted to kiss Shancai in front of her fiancee and their best friends? SAVAGE. It was so inappropriate, awkward, but also just hilarious.
- I am not so worried about evil mom being the cause of Shancai and Dao Ming Si’s problems again because just like Lei, I know that they will be able to rise above any challenges that may come in their love.
What are your thoughts on this episode?