My reviews from the first two episodes came from the TV version and it has led me to some confusion when I continued watching using the DVD version. The episode 2 that I watched ended with a transformed Shancai while our main boys were enchanted by her. For this episode, I will continue where we left off from episode 2 since they all happened in the second half of episode 3 anyway. If you are just as confused as I am, don’t be! Just fast-forward episode 3 to 22:45 to be exact and/or just follow this recap because I think I have solved this confusion crisis by myself haha! Let’s go!
Someone got way too mesmerized when he saw the girl of his dreams flashing before his eyes!
Not sure why there was a countdown but in the original version, it happened because the two evil girls wanted to kiss the F4 boys. For this instance, Dao Ming Si and Shancai felt lonely and awkward as they were just staring at Lei and Jing being sweet together.
Someone accidentally pushed Shancai and voila!!!
FIRST KISS OF THIS VERSION JUST IN EPISODE 3, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
*low-key judging and jealousy from Hua Ze Lei*
Shancai felt way too embarrassed and just ran away.
These silly friends called Shancai a new name, “First kiss Shancai”, and for some reason, Qinghe did not know about it so they had to tell him what happened. Ah Si was just beyond proud as he was recounting the story.
Shancai just made me face-palm by running towards Lei to explain her side. Ugh really, girl?!
Dao Ming Si and Qinghe bonded/battled it out through squid-fishing as the latter’s acceptance of the Joker card from the previous episode. This gave a chance for Qinghe to reminisce about his friendship with Shancai which we never got from the original version given that they had a swimming competition.
Here comes the heartbreak! Nothing much changed because I have always hated watching Lei with Jing and having Shancai’s heart broken because of it ever since I was a child.
Dao Ming Si and Qinghe ran into a crying Shancai (there was just sand in her eyes, boys!) and Ah Si’s concerned look was just everything. This is how it ended and it was a great ending because of Shancai’s realization. We just cannot wait for Ah Si to bring more warmth to Shancai’s life!
In a nutshell,
- This episode made me see Dylan Wang in full character as Dao Ming Si. His facial expressions were very reminiscent of Jerry Yan’s portrayal and I just fell in love!
- I feel like this episode was really owned by Dylan as Ah Si and I just can’t wait to see more of him!
- Shancai was very emotional in this episode and no doubt that Shen Yue played it well but I saw her acting more like Chen Xiaoxi (her famous role in 2017 hit, “A Love So Beautiful”) than Shancai. Maybe it’s just me so don’t dwell on this thought of mine too much lol
- Putting that aside, my heart got broken when she was crying because of heartbreak too. Wasn’t she just so relatable when you had your heart broken for the very first time?
- Lei is forever giving mixed signals but we all know how this is going to end up…
- The ending of this episode warmed my heart because of how Dao Ming Si unexpectedly made Shancai feel better without him knowing and even if she hated to admit it.
That was a great episode to watch! How did you feel watching this episode? Please tell me in your comments below!