I didn’t expect to go back to recapping this soon but I hope you can join me in this long journey ahead! Another Jerry Yan drama to be recapped 😉
Title: Because of Love aka In Love We Trust, Because Love
Native Title: 因為愛
Genre: Drama, Romance
Country of Origin: China
Airing date: February 28, 2016-?
# of Episodes: 32
Jerry Yan as Zhuang Dao Sheng
Hai Lu as Jiang Ke Xin
Alice Tzeng as Die Er
NOTE: I may be missing some important details in the episode. It was the site where I was watching that was malfunctioning. It kept skipping through parts so let’s all just wish hard that a subbing group picks this up so we’ll be able to watch it peacefully as soon as possible 😉
We got introduced with the female lead of the drama. She was doing some form of live reporting of people performing inline skating stunts.
It didn’t take a lot of time before we got to see the male lead aka the reason why I’m watching this in the first place… HAHA! Hello, Jerry!
I thought he was going to be the second male lead but he said “I’m your big bro”… so does that not confirm it? 😮
Our male lead who happens to be a director btw is being problematic. The TV personality that they’re directing is being difficult too.
Before this screencap, there were intense scenes of the female lead skating. Yay that she was able to cross the finish line with her ge ge welcoming her.
In this episode alone, Jerry had a lot of scenes with his motorcycle. This is actually the OTP of the story… haha!
While she was driving, she stopped by this little apple-bearing tree and got a fruit for herself. Hmmmm was this some kind of a literary symbolism? She then danced with it in the middle of the road because it’s apparently normal in the drama world…
The reason why she was dancing was because she has actually always loved to dance [flashback scene].
And this is what you get for being too nostalgic about your past as a dancer:male stranger falls from his motorcycle, got up, and became a raging machine to the cause of the accident.
Apologizing now because the following recaps will probably be messy. Blame it on the laggy satellite TV 😦 from what I’ve gathered, she appeared to have stolen or at least done something bad towards the male lead. She left right away leaving the male lead even more enraged. She used her charm to get away from the cop.
This is already the 3rd time that this veteran actress will be playing with Jerry in a drama. First was back when Jerry did his first C-drama, “My Splendid Life” as his grandma, then “Hot Shot” as Show Luo’s grandma, and now as the grandma of our female lead here 😉
Looks like her charm didn’t work after all as she still had to proceed to the officer. Good thing she has these guys to save her 😉
Our female lead then dances randomly alone again… Not sure if I’m liking her to be honest -_-
Mr. Handsome is fixing his motorbike which was destroyed when he fell from it all thanks to the random dancing girl that he unfortunately met on the road… 😉
He totally reminded me of Li Tang from my beloved “My Best Ex-Boyfriend” here. Playing a game when and where he shouldn’t be.
Speaking of “My Best Ex-Boyfriend”, don’t his sunglasses here look familiar? 😉
Do you see that buffering symbol?!! And that is why I did not get why he just punched a guy… HELP
The director is looking for the perfect shooting place/target but they see a familiar face…
I don’t know why but she really reminded me of Zhao Liying in “Boss & Me” with her character. Though Liying is definitely 10x cuter!
And so our director got fascinated with the quirky female character and followed her where she went.
It was a try-out/audition in which our female lead was too excited about!
The director got curious and checked it out himself!
This is where it got interesting for me: She started to lose her ability to hear. They all got worried and brought her to the ear doctor. It was discovered that it wasn’t really anything serious but just to be careful and not to get too stressed or her sense of hearing could get affected.
Since she couldn’t communicate properly, she wrote what she wanted to say on a notebook to her pal. It must really suck for the person who was looking through this side mirror because there was no hope for him to eavesdrop. It was no other than…
our male lead! And this is how the pilot episode ended but I’m 99% unsure because again, I blame it on the satellite website 😦
- Before anything else, I just want to say how frustrated I was when I didn’t hear Jerry’s real voice here. I was seriously expecting that his voice wouldn’t be dubbed here 😦 I will never learn to love dubbing in C-dramas!
- The opening song was good but I have yet to listen to it again as I’ve only listened to it once.
- As far as I know, Alice Tzeng hasn’t made an appearance here yet. I’d love to see that already because I already ship him with Jerry here because I don’t see him better with Hai Lu’s character here. But who knows? It might change 😉
- If I could compare it to the pilot episode of MBEBF, this one’s a total meh. I feel like I wouldn’t even mind watching this if it weren’t for Jerry.
- Wait, it’s too early to judge because the synopsis of the drama is really interesting and I finally found a better translation of it but I’ll just summarize it here: Female lead is semi-handicapped with her hearing problems while male lead loses his vision in an accident. It actually makes sense why the title is “In Love We Trust” or “Because of Love”. They will be there for each other despite their differences and personal struggles because of love 😉 oh how cheesy but I love it!
- Join my prayer circle that this gets subbed so I can actually provide better recaps because better recaps = better insights to share 😉
- As of now, I just hope that this drama lives up to my expectation because the plot really interests me.
Did you watch this drama too? Or did you “watch” it based on this recap? Please let me know your thoughts through your comments below 😉