Yes, you saw that clearly! The most awesome sister in dramaland is back to make things even more interesting. Week 6 is really on a roll because this is already the 4th episode for that week and I have yet to see a badly done episode (never please!). This adds to my favorite episodes list and you will definitely find out why in this recap!
Both of them couldn’t sleep just thinking about each other.
I loved this shot because it looked like it came from another drama with these two actors still leading it (I know DyShen shippers would like that to happen!).
Aaahh this was just so cute in so many levels. That grin just showed how he wasn’t listening to her and he was willing to hug her for a hundred times.
And so they did! The drama just had to cut it but we could just all imagine how they hugged for 100 times 😉
Shancai woke up and unconsciously cooked 2 eggs. She said that she just knew that she should be taking care of Dao Ming Si especially now that he has entered her world. Sadly, we didn’t see any scene of them eating breakfast together since he left the house really early.
Ximen and Meizuo were shocked to see Dao Ming Si’s new place. He said sarcastically that he loved living there with a lot of bugs and cockroaches.
Who are you kidding… It’s totally in his character to do everything for you 😥
Dao Ming Si told his friends that they don’t get his concept of a relationship or love. He said that Shancai is a weed, not a cockroach, but she’s his little white pig. Uhm what? Haha! Nobody really got his point but we still accepted his logic because there’s no real logic in love anyway.
Just in case you’re still not aware… Well, yes, Ximen.
Meizuo told Ximen that he would be dead to Shancai if he’s only going to play with Xiaoyou.
We’re happy that he is because you have only been the person that’s been on his mind as early as episode 2 of this drama?!
Shancai was pretty bummed that Dao Ming Si wasn’t home yet.
Shancai saw Dao Ming Si battling with insects using a fly swatter. I loved his acting there! I need a GIF of him trying to kill the flies. LOL.
Dao Ming Si was complaining about how uncomfortable the house was. She told him that he should just go home and not do these things anymore. He told her that he’s the one who gets to decide.
This may have hurt Dao Ming Si but I think it also hurt Shancai that’s why she had to say it. She also feels burdened that Dao Ming Si is doing all these things for her.
When she said this, I wanted to strangle her. You just cannot easily say that your relationship will not have a happy ending!!!
So Shancai kept going on and on with her issue of Dao Ming Si entering her world. I loved how he wasn’t really talking and arguing with her. If it were the old him, they would have bickered endlessly and he might have stormed off already. But no, this is Dao Ming Si 2.0, he has become more matured ever since he went into this relationship with her.
See, that’s what he just said. He was still smiling even though Shancai was trying to reject him again from her life. Aaahh my heart!
*tears up*. So Shancai was just so embarrassed to have learned this. After getting mad at him and all, he was actually risking everything (his family, safety, etc.) just to keep her safe.
*Squeals*. Oh Shancai, you keep making your mommas proud! Keep it up!
Who would’ve thought that our Dao Ming Si would be so nervous that the girl of his dreams is sleeping beside him? As Shancai said, it’s not like it’s their first time to do this.
Dao Ming Si lovingly stares at her face and Shancai asked him why. He doesn’t even need to give any reasons!
Aww they totally looked like a young married couple here! *heart eyes*.
I hate how Shancai tends to ruin the mood. She was talking about their future and as much as we appreciate that, can’t you just cuddle up with your man first?! HAHA. He does not even want to think about it yet.
*squeals*. Just do it!
This was scene was precious. He was laughing at her for being able to sleep right away and that she didn’t care if he would lose his control. Aaaahh thank you China for not censoring these thoughts 😉 HAHA.
Everyone’s favorite sister is back!!! She got mad after finding out that her mom is trying to do the same thing that she did to her with Ah Si.
So she and Yu Sao pretended that they were talking to Ah Si in his room. Oh how I love these two amazing women in Ah Si’s life!
Evil mom’s bodyguards were just too quick to catch their whereabouts! Dao Ming Si definitely had a better idea.
Survival tips from Dao Ming Si. Take note of this because who knows when this knowledge might come in handy!
Yesss!!! I remember this in the 2001 drama. I’m not sure if this version will be having the same scene of the F3 trying to rescue Ah Si. I really hope that they do because it was an epic moment and they need to recreate that.
A fist bump to signify their team work!
A BED SCENE, EVERYONE!
They were talking about such a serious matter in this position… WHY HAHAHA
He asked Shancai if she was willing to stick with him despite all the hardships of sneaking around, being bullied, and all.
Aww it really sucks for Shancai too. She told him that it’s not like she did anything wrong but all she has to do is to keep sneaking around.
AAAHHHH a kiss on the bed!!! We only got this in the season 2 of the original Meteor Garden. This version was restricted by China’s regulations but at least we still got it even if it only lasted a few seconds because…
Zhuang jie accidentally interrupted their moment… HAHAHA! What was even worse was that he thought Dao Ming Si was just forcing Shancai to do it with him LOL. I can’t even. Such an epic sister!
Zhuang jie was so happy to hear it first from Shancai. She’s so happy that she has made up her mind in wanting to be with her brother.
DAO MING SI, EVERYONE. *slow claps with standing ovation*. Tell me, where can we get someone like him at this modern age?
And so after giving her sisterly advice, she left so they could continue what they were supposed to do *wink wink*.
Dao Ming Si shamelessly asked Shancai when they can do it…
He was disappointed to hear “five years” coming out of Shancai’s mouth. Oh boy, sorry that you have to wait that long haha!
He agreed to her because he could never really say no to Shancai. *Sighs*. Let us protect Dao Ming Si at all costs! A true gentleman despite his childishness. Shancai realized that he has a lot of sides to him. I believe that she does not only have to accept his different sides, but also love them the way that Dao Ming Si loves all of her too.
In a nutshell,
- This episode had me giggling in front of my laptop screen like crazy! It was also somehow depressing because it got me thinking how someone like Dao Ming Si is just too good to be true… *Sighs*.
- So the drama could actually achieve having perfect episodes without having to throw in an unnecessary character randomly… Ugh fine, I already kind of forgave them for wasting 7 episodes dedicated to that character (OMG 7?!!) HAHA. What I was just trying to say was that, they could have given all the attention to our main leads like what they were doing in these recent episodes but they just chose not to at that time *facepalm*. OKAY, MOVING ON.
- As I was saying, this episode was flawless! It was full of Shancai and Dao Ming Si’s fluffiness that it reminded me of my favorite fluffy C-dramas,”Boss and Me” and “A Love So Beautiful”. Who would have thought that I could ever compare this couple with the couples in the drama that I just mentioned, right?!
- If there’s any advantage of this version that I could easily point out, it would be the youthfulness of our main OTP. I mean, I don’t know about you, but I actually can’t imagine all the other couples from the different versions of HYD to act how Shen Yue and Dylan Wang did in these scenes. They were just so innocent (but not totally as you have seen from them 😉 and just wanted to fight against all odds for their love.
- Like Shancai said, we know that they might not have a happy ending (as much as we all wish to) but we just can’t stop wishing for both of them to keep being happy. I don’t think this version would be too evil to deprive us of it to be honest. So let’s also keep being happy while our precious couple is happily loving each other.